British Airways to upgrade IAH to 2x 747

The latest news from around the aviation world.

British Airways to upgrade IAH to 2x 747

Postby Greg on Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:15 pm

Apparently beginning October 26, 2008, British Airways will upgrade Houston IAH from 2x daily 777s to 2x daily 747s, looking to increase capacity in business class.

No word yet on any changes or upgrades to the DFW schedule.
Greg
Site Administrator

Re: British Airways to upgrade IAH to 2x 747

Postby legion242 on Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:49 pm

Oh, how I wish we could get just one 747 here.
legion242

Postby ZuluLima on Mon May 12, 2008 1:46 am

Hey, with BA, KLM, and Lufthansa all bringing 74s to IAH there's always the chance that we'll get a diversion or two with bad weather.

When I was down there in early March British were bringing 2 777s and a 763 from DTW (which has since been dropped). Now the LH A346 is a 744, as are the BA 777s, and SQ started 77W service. When November comes and Qatar brings in the 77L like Emirates is curently doing, Houston will be an even better road trip destination.
File Error. Witty comment number 473 not found.
ZuluLima

Postby DFW Spotter on Tue May 13, 2008 8:36 am

IAH is getting on my last nerve as they always get all the cool stuff.
DFW Spotter

Postby Greg on Tue May 13, 2008 6:04 pm

Agreed. I don't see DFW being able to attract much more significant new service. KLM was the first new carrier of substance in how many years?
Greg
Site Administrator

Postby DFW Spotter on Thu May 15, 2008 7:15 pm

Greg wrote: in how many years?

Too many to count. It is nice however to see a nice new clean A330-200 each time I'm out at DFW, adds a little spice to the airport. But my luck only permits me to see it from a distance, as it always lands on the opposite side of which I am on. :lol:
DFW Spotter

Postby TWABoy65 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:20 pm

Well guys, if what I have read elsewhere, it is all oil based and once the price if oil collapses and it will, logic say's IAH will see these carriers fleeing like rats from a sinking ship, Perhaps we could pick up the scraps, after all Dallas is larger, wealthier and far more international than that hick-town to the south. :P oooops, any Houston folk on this site?

Mark
TWABoy65

Postby captmidnight on Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:32 pm

TWABoy65 wrote:Well guys, if what I have read elsewhere, it is all oil based and once the price if oil collapses and it will, logic say's IAH will see these carriers fleeing like rats from a sinking ship, Perhaps we could pick up the scraps, after all Dallas is larger, wealthier and far more international than that hick-town to the south. :P oooops, any Houston folk on this site?

Mark

Fleeing like rats is probably over the top. And you mean DFW metro is larger, right? Because Houston the city is 2x the size of Dallas. But I have to disagree with the "far more international" assumption. There's no denying that Houston is TX's international gateway, Dallas has only a few consulates around but Houston has a large number.
captmidnight

Postby TWABoy65 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:53 pm

[quote]
Fleeing like rats is probably over the top. And you mean DFW metro is larger, right? Because Houston the city is 2x the size of Dallas. But I have to disagree with the "far more international" assumption. There's no denying that Houston is TX's international gateway, Dallas has only a few consulates around but Houston has a large number.[quote]

Perhaps it was a bit of an over reaction on my part.

While I learned rather quickly that Dallas was #2, from many a Houston resident with an inferiority complex however many in NY, are under the impression that Dallas it the largest city in Texas and Houston is something like #3 behind San Antonio. Every time a city in Texas is mentioned it is almost always Dallas, most shows and or movies made in Texas are in the DFW area (Walker, Texas Ranger for example).

Mark
TWABoy65

Return to Aviation News