Tin Goose Coming

Discuss any happenings at FTW Ft. Worth Meacham and FWS Ft. Worth Spinks here.

Tin Goose Coming

Postby ZuluLima on Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:12 pm

For anyone who would like to see or fly in a 1929 vintage Ford Tri-Motor, you'll have a chance Oct 16-19. The EAA's restored Tin Goose is making a tour of the Ark-LA-Tex region and giving $70 rides. They will operate daily from 3-5pm. The 30 minute experience includes just 15 minutes of airborne time.

http://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/flight-experiences/fly-the-ford-eaa-ford-tri-motor-airplane-tour/ford-tri-motor-tour-stops

If anyone else is considering this we should try for a dfwtower.com nerd flight meetup.
File Error. Witty comment number 473 not found.
ZuluLima

Re: Tin Goose Coming

Postby ZuluLima on Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:37 am

I took a ride this morning and really enjoyed the experience, if only for a few minutes. I also got great access to the aircraft while they were doing the routine morning pre-flight maintenance, both inside and out. The engines have a great deep drone sound, and were quite loud, but not deafening on the inside. The takeoff roll was as short as I have ever experienced, maybe 5 seconds, and the hard jolt and screech upon touchdown was cool, especially since the window ports allowed the burnt-tire smell immediate access to the cabin.

If you missed it, the next stops are Houston, Waco, Georgetown, and San Angelo.
File Error. Witty comment number 473 not found.
ZuluLima

Return to Ft. Worth Meacham FTW & Spinks FWS