DFW Foreign Carrier October 2014 Load Factors

DFW News and other topics posted by our members.

DFW Foreign Carrier October 2014 Load Factors

Postby Greg on Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:22 pm

Here are the load factors for the foreign carriers at DFW in October. The first thing that jumps out are the dreadful numbers posted by Emirates in their first month of Airbus A380 operations at DFW. This is a carrier that was consistently in the 90% range during their time at DFW; the addition of Qatar to the mix and the big increase in capacity with the A380 have brought loads down drastically. Of course, we don't know yields - how many folks are sitting in F or J?

Qantas also isn't knocking anyone out with their loads in their first month of A380 ops either, with 61% of all seats filled.

British Airways continues to shine, and Qatar stays in the 80s for the fourth month since they began services to Doha (DOH). KLM, whom many presumed would be the odd man out with the Middle East carriers arriving, has held their own and ended their 2014 seasonal service with a month in the 70s.

What are your thoughts?

Traffic statistics provided by DFW Airport, then used against known available seat counts.
Greg
Site Administrator

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier October 2014 Load Factors

Postby BigDman on Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:19 pm

As much as I hate to acknowledge those negative nellies and DFW haters on A.Net, but WOW! Perhaps DFW is not ready for prime time. I suppose only time will tell.
BigDman

Postby Capt. Ft. Worth on Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:40 am

BigDman wrote:As much as I hate to acknowledge those negative nellies and DFW haters on A.Net, but WOW! Perhaps DFW is not ready for prime time. I suppose only time will tell.

It is not that everyone is always negative but there is a reality about capacity. Something will have to give.

I am, frankly, a bit surprised at the KLM numbers, but that is a great news for DFW!

Does QANTAS have to block seats on the 380?
Capt. Ft. Worth

Postby DFW4ever on Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:46 pm

Well with Etihad on the list they're actually doing great for December. Emirates is pretty much booked and tickets are sky high. I think it'll generate over time. Emirates has a lot of a380s so why not Dallas? At the same time I could see them doing a seasonal a380 service.
DFW4ever

Return to DFW News & Discussion