Emirates Studying 2nd Daily DFW Flight?

Share and talk about the latest DFW rumors here.

Re: Emirates Studying 2nd Daily DFW Flight?

Postby macjoubert on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:11 am

That's a lot of seats for the DFW-DXB sector. I don't think this will hold for a long time.

Houston had 2 dailies and rumor has it they were full but the loads were barely holding especially since the US-ASIA sectors were satisfied with the IAH-DOH flight as well.
The entire N Texas areas do feed the DFW-DXB / onwards traffic but I don't think 2 flights daily will go full and EK will then have to scale back.
I'd rather see either Etihad or Jet get a route into DFW.
macjoubert

Postby DFW4ever on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:15 am

Honestly. There is a very high possibility EK will bring a380. Emirates started service from Dallas to Dubai Before Etihad(code-share with AA) Did. And Qatar is joining Oneworld. So before Qatar lands in DFW EK will proably take over the middle eastern market. Even without those factors the route is suitable for the a380, It has not been a year and they are already considering another daily flight. Only because airport isn't a380 ready. Dallas has a higher chance of getting EK a380 before Houston because Houston is hosting also Qatar airways, and Turkish airlines is about to come in may which is going to have serious competition with EK, where Dallas isn't. But here check this Link out.
http://www.businesstraveller.com/middle ... -expansion
DFW4ever

Postby BigDman on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:59 am

DFW4ever wrote:Honestly. There is a very high possibility EK will bring a380. Emirates started service from Dallas to Dubai Before Etihad(code-share with AA) Did. And Qatar is joining Oneworld. So before Qatar lands in DFW EK will proably take over the middle eastern market. Even without those factors the route is suitable for the a380, It has not been a year and they are already considering another daily flight. Only because airport isn't a380 ready. Dallas has a higher chance of getting EK a380 before Houston because Houston is hosting also Qatar airways, and Turkish airlines is about to come in may which is going to have serious competition with EK, where Dallas isn't. But here check this Link out.
http://www.businesstraveller.com/middle ... -expansion

Sorry, as much as it pains me to say this, it is HIGHLY unlikely that DFW will see an EK (or any other carrier's) A380 for years to come. As Houston has the facilities to currently handle Airbus's monster (and plans to revamp their int'l terminal, D, to service another '380') I suspect that EK will be putting this plane into IAH long before DFW. Though I believe that with all of A380s that EK has on order, DFW will likely see (as will most of their US destinations) some years down the line.

As it seems with most major int'l expansion, sadly, IAH is the airport of choice. In case you all missed it, IAH will be getting nonstop PEK service in July, via Air China . Looks that DFW's fate is to be passed by for majot int'l expansion the foreseeable future. :(
Last edited by BigDman on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigDman

Postby PlanoTXWX on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:00 pm

What's the holdback at DFW? I'm not sure I understand why DFW would not be eager to have A380's landing all day each day.

I admit I'm not as familiar as most here with the day-to-day operations of airports, but in my narrow view it seems a no brainer to prepare for the big-ones.
PlanoTXWX

Postby DFW4ever on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:47 pm

Only reason IAH got the route to Beijing is because United and Air China are star alliance members. Iah is a hub for United. American is a member of Oneworld and there is no China based airline in oneworld. However. DFW isn't lacking DFW has Korean air which will be expanding in may to daily service along with American Airlines daily service to Seoul. Also we have a flight to Australia which expanded to daily in less then a year. So Houston has it's "pros and cons" so does Dallas. However American Airlines is upgrading fleet thus giving them an aircraft to start a DFW Beijing and Shanghai service. And DFW's expansion plan is hitting success. They already got their flights to Lima, and in late 2013 Bogota. Cayman Airways is also going to star year round flights. Along with Spirit doing a massive expansion. And YES Houston has more international carriers, but DFW is still busier. And United is doing a cutback on flights after Hobby airport got free. And south west will be taking charge. Just saying
DFW4ever

Previous

Return to Rumors