AA 777's

Share and talk about the latest DFW rumors here.

AA 777's

Postby erich772 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:18 am

I have noticed that American Airlines 777's are becoming increasingly rare at DFW. At one time, they operated their beautiful Flagship to NRT, KIX, EZE, GRU, LHR, FRA, CDG, MAD, ORD, LAX, MIA (and probably others I can't remember). Now, NRT, LHR, GRU, and MAD during summer are the only ones left. Recently, they restored 777 service to EZE but I noticed today that they removed it again and resumed 763 service. Where are these airplanes disappearing to?! They have dropped and shuffled routes a lot lately but no new routes seem to be in the works. The daily ORD run is gone, DFW-FRA is a 763, ORD-DEL is gone, JFK-NRT is gone...numerous routes have been dropped or operate with smaller equip. Its sad, because its the most well-liked plane in the fleet and the largest/most comfortable. Any ideas or thoughts as to what is happening to these aircraft? I'm also curious how things might change at DFW when the 77W arrives in the winter. LHR and GRU have already been announced. Thoughts?
erich772

Re: AA 777's

Postby Chris725 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:41 pm

They have had a lot of 777 crews retire lately. They might not have crews type rated for them yet.
Chris
Chris725

Return to Rumors