Chances of Etihad,Qatar, Malaysia, Cathay, to DFW????

Share and talk about the latest DFW rumors here.

Chances of Etihad,Qatar, Malaysia, Cathay, to DFW????

Postby DFW4ever on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:29 am

So this year what do u think are the chances for DFW to get any of these airlines. Personally I like Etihad coming to Dallas over any middle eastern carrier. And due to IAH-PEK route DFW might compete for DFW-PEK or maybe get Cathay to come to DFW with a DFW-HKG route. What do you guys think?
DFW4ever

Re: Chances of Etihad,Qatar, Malaysia, Cathay, to DFW????

Postby Greg on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:54 am

I think probably zero for Malaysia... as for Etihad and Qatar, would be nice, but perhaps the daily Emirates flight is enough lift to the Middle East. DFW-HKG on Cathay would be nice, but again, is there enough traffic to sustain? Or is it easier to route via LAX?
Greg
Site Administrator

Postby ah1wmech on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:11 pm

I think 0% chance of Malaysian, before OW they couldn't even support a daily LAX. So, I see no way a DFW will even work. With regards to Qatar, I say 100%. 787 would fit perfectly into the market, and from what I hear EK, is getting ready to start a double daily. If QR can't start a flight before EK then a yes, if EK and AA work a deal for code sharing, then no. Cathay 50/50 with AA possibly starting it. I personally see CX taking the DFW and AA picking up an LAX or ORD from CX. Remember AA is shuffling 777's to HKG for heavy maintenance, and how much is that costing to shuttle an empty 777 to HKG from NRT.
ah1wmech

Postby PlanoTXWX on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:35 pm

Qantas seems to do ok with daily from Sydney. I suspect the DFW-HKG route would be busy also.
PlanoTXWX

Postby captmidnight on Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:30 pm

Etihad--- 0%
Qatar-- 80%
Malaysia- 0%
Cathay- 50%

AA to HKG- 90%

my 2 cents.
captmidnight

Return to Rumors