KE confirms IAH service effecting DFW.

Share and talk about the latest DFW rumors here.

KE confirms IAH service effecting DFW.

Postby DFW4ever on Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:45 am

So it's confirmed that IAH will be getting 4 weekly flights to Seoul. I personally don't think it will last. Because when I searched to see if flights were bookable Air China had flights for 909$ while KE is charging $1700. Anyways DFW still has QATAR and Etihad coming. Not to mention the Hong Kong and Shanghai Flights. And DFW Korean population is higher. Anyways we shall see. And I heard AA have codeshare. So MAYBE Aisana Might to a 3 weekly flight into DFW! Never know
DFW4ever

Re: KE confirms IAH service effecting DFW.

Postby Greg on Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:54 pm

Well let's see. I'm sure KE has done their homework. I think DFW will be fine with Korean, even with a slight reduction. As long as we keep getting new service overall, I'm pleased.
Greg
Site Administrator

Postby DFW4ever on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:58 pm

And DFW international destinations are growing very well. Houston as much as I hate to admit. Is a well airport. Various different airlines and a daily a380. However DFW is larger and busier. And have some pretty unique flights. We have Qantas, and soon Etihad. And DFW is still growing. Not to mention Dallas Love Field is advancing as well. And the Merger with US airways will only make DFW bigger. But I highly think the Houston-ICN isn't going to be that "Profitable" They don't have a proper airline alliance that will allow other passengers to connect in to IAH. And regional Korean Traffic isn't so high. And even if it is. The penny pinching Asians are going to favor the 900$ fares Air China has to offer them. And DFW is obviously still important because IAH is only getting 4x weekly While DFW 5x weekly....Anyways I'm sure they don't just start routes without proper studying so we shall see. Maybe this route might become Daily. Either way DFW has ICN flights with AA and KE
DFW4ever

Postby RicHicks on Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:13 am

DFWforever: "Is a well airport" is not good English. It is a good, it is an excellent, it is a great, BUT not it is a well.

That said, having lived in Korea, Koreans are extremely loyal to Korean Air. And I would not call them cheap either
RicHicks

Return to Rumors