Latest DFW Airport Expenditures and Revenues

DFW News and other topics posted by our members.

Latest DFW Airport Expenditures and Revenues

Postby Greg on Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:32 am

Some nuggets I found from the October 1, 2019 DFW Operations Committee Meeting:

The airport will spend an additional $160,000 for further testing on marijuana (and other substances) found at DFW. Personally I found this to be odd as the Tarrant County DA dismissed hundreds of cases after a June law legalized THC under .3% and it is too expensive to test. I sent an email to DFW asking why, and they were kind enough to respond:

The $160k contract that the Board of Directors approved will cover the cost of ALL lab testing for ALL evidence found at DFW Airport, including marijuana.

In order to comply with the new law regarding marijuana, which is still illegal, it is incumbent on DFW Airport to verify the exact amount of THC is in the marijuana found.

Here’s why:The new law makes it clear that any marijuana product with .3% THC and above is still illegal. With that said, DFW must verify the exact amount found in every sample, and the only way to do that is through lab testing. Thus, the additional costs…

(Formerly, our field testing alone was sufficient, as it would indicate THC content or not.)

$237,234 for four Ground Power Units, delivered in March 2020.

$2,508,811.20 for 33 Police edition Tahoes, nine pickups, four sedans, 2 ambulances and 1 Ford Expedition for DPS.

$25,109.05 for drones.

For the first 11 months of FY2019, DFW made $163.6 million in parking fees, $85.9 million in concessions, $30.6 million in rental car fees, $108.9 million from landing fees, and $290.5 million from terminal leases.

Finally, American will pay $875k a year for 40 years on a 30 acre plot that will be used to build a new parts distribution facility on North Service Road. American will spend $100 million on building the facility, roads, and such.
Greg
Site Administrator

Return to DFW News & Discussion